Skating rinks in Moscow in 2019-2020
In the winter of 2019-2020, as always, hundreds of ice rinks will open in Moscow. Natural and artificial, paid and free, for children and adults. What will the prices be for visiting and when Muscovites will be able to enjoy ice skating.
Schedule, prices, addresses of paid institutions
The table below provides relevant information on the best paid ice arenas in Moscow. However, some data may still change. The most accurate numbers will appear around October.
|Name of institution and address||Prices||Schedule|
|"Rocket" at VDNH (Prospect Mira, 119)||On weekdays, the first session for adults costs 250 rubles, the second - 350. For children under 12 years, the cost of tickets is 150/200 rubles. For adults on weekends the price is more than 100 rubles.||Monday is a technical day. On other weekdays, it is open from 11.00 to 23.00. From 15.00 to 17.00 the arena is closed for a break. The work schedule on weekends and holidays - from 10.00 to 23.00 + 2 breaks - from 13.30 to 14.30 and from 16.30 to 17.30.|
|GUM (Red Square, 3)||The first 4 sessions on weekdays can be visited for free. Further, the cost of 1 session lasting 1 hour is 400 rubles. for adults and 200 for children under 12 years old. At the weekend, others - any session costs 500 and 300 rubles. respectively for adults and children.||Open daily from November 30 to February 28. Schedule - from 10.00 to 23.30. Sessions last for an hour, and between them take a break of 30 minutes. Thus, only 9 sessions are obtained.|
|"Ice" in Sokolniki (5th Radiation Glade, 3 Building 1)||1 session will cost 300 rubles. (from Mon. to Thurs.) and 400 (from Fri. to Sun. and on holidays).||"Ice" is open all week from 10.00 to midnight. Sessions last 2 hours. Between them spend a technical break of 1 hour.|
|"Factory of happy people" in Gorky Park (Krymsky Val St., 9)||The price of tickets varies, depending on the day of the week and time of day. On a typical day, it is 150/350 rubles. for children / adults. On holidays, the entrance is more expensive for 200-300 rubles.||"Factory" is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00. On weekdays it closes at 22.00, and on weekends - an hour later. The technical break lasts 2 hours - from 15.00 to 17.00. He divides the day into 2 sessions of 5 hours.|
|Silver ice in Izmailovsky park||1 session on weekdays will cost 250 rubles., On weekends - 350. For boys and girls under 6 years, admission is free.||On weekdays, 2 sessions are held - from 12.00-16.00 and from 17.00 to 22.00. On weekends, the day is divided into 3 sessions - from 11.00-14.00, from 15.00-18.00 and from 19.00-22.00|
|The South Pole by Luzhniki (24 Luzhnetskaya Embankment)||An adult ticket costs around 200-300 rubles, and a children's ticket costs 100-150.||It is open from Tuesday to Friday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. No breaks.|
|In Kolomenskoye (Andropova Ave., 39)||A ticket costs 200-250 rubles., Depending on the day of the week. You can ride all day for this price.||On weekdays, the arena opens at noon at 12:00, and closes at 10 in the evening. On weekends it opens an hour earlier.|
|Kids under 6 years old can ride for free.|
|"Snowstorm" in Babushkinsky Park (6, Menzhinsky St.)||The cost of a 2-hour session is 250/300 rubles. on weekdays and weekends, respectively. Visitors 5-12 years can go at a reduced price - for 150 rubles. For babies up to 5 years old, you do not need to pay.||Open from 11.00 to 22.00. The break is from 15.00 to 15.30 and from 18.00 to 18.30.|
|Skating rink in the Hermitage Garden (Karetny Ryad St., 3, p. 7)||A ticket costs 250/350 rubles. You can ride without a time limit.||Sat-Sun - 10.00-22.00. Mon-Fri - 14.00-23.00. It works all day, without interruptions.|
Arenas with artificial ice open at about the same time - on November 2-4. Natural ice rinks can only open when the weather is stable frost. This usually happens closer to December.
Characteristics of different ice rinks in Moscow
- One of the best places for skiing among tourists and residents of Moscow is considered to be a GUM-skating rink. Its main feature is its location. It is located on Red Square, so visitors can enjoy beautiful views of the Kremlin and St. Basil's Cathedral. The area of the arena is 2,700 m2. It accommodates up to 500 people.
- In winter 2019-2020, 2 artificial skating rinks - Rocket and Flower Garden - will open at VDNH. The first is located around a giant rocket statue in Industry Square. It covers an area of 8,600 m2, and can accommodate up to 2500 people. Smaller flower garden - 4,500 m2but there’s a small ice rink for the kids right next to it. At VDNH, the infrastructure is well developed and cafes and shops for every taste work.
- Sokolniki also has a very large ice rink. "Ice" with an area of 5300 m2 accommodates 1,500 visitors. This is an artificial skating rink, so it opens in November. Its highlight is the multimedia facade, which shows an interactive show. In December, when winter reigns on the street, 2 more natural ice rinks, the Giant and the Tale in the Forest, are poured into the park.
- The ice arena in Gorky Park measuring 18 thousand meters2 divided into separate zones. There is a dance floor, sections for speed and figure skating, children's arenas, a hockey zone, etc. This is very convenient, since visitors are distributed in certain zones, depending on who came for what purpose. And no one bothers anyone.
- In Kolomenskoye is one of the oldest ice rinks, which was opened more than 100 years ago. So this place is truly historical. For a small price, guests are waiting for as much as 3000 m2 natural ice and lots of fun.
- The Snowstorm in Grandma’s Park is a small arena (1300 m²) with artificial ice. It works from November to March.
- There are 2 ice rinks in the Hermitage garden: an artificial ice rink 900 m in size2 and natural size 4000 m2. Nearby are heated pavilions in which you can change shoes, as well as all kinds of food stalls. The opening date is the first of November.
- "Silver Ice" in Izmailovsky Park is a 2-part ice rink. The smaller one is the artificial ice arena, which opens in mid-November. When frosts begin in the country, they fill in the rest with natural ice. Then the total size of the rink reaches 11 thousand m2.
Features of paid institutions
As a rule, all of these rollers are paid because they are made artificially using a special freezing system. This requires certain costs, as well as regular maintenance. But on such arenas, there is always a smooth surface. In addition, they open earlier and close later than natural ice rinks, and do not even melt into the thaw.
At almost every rink, preferential categories of citizens can get a discount on a ticket. This applies to students, retirees, children from large families, the disabled, etc. Sometimes you can ride completely free.
How to save regular visitors? You need to find out what stocks are acting on a particular site. For example, at VDNH you can get a 20% discount by paying for your tickets with a Mir card. In Sokolniki they provide a subscription, when you buy which you save up to 1000 rubles.
Near each ice arena there should be locker rooms, storage rooms, skate rentals and a sharpening service. All these services, except locker rooms, are usually paid. You will need to pay about 100-200 rubles for renting a left-luggage office, 200-300 for skates, and 200 for sharpening. Those who are still not firmly skating can rent an assistant simulator. The average fee for it is 350 rubles per hour.
In some places there are rooms for mother and child, and for those who come by car, you must definitely pay attention to the presence of parking near the ice rink. If you want to learn how to ride, then you should look for a platform on which the instructor works.
At many rinks you need to leave money as a deposit for inventory. Identity documents may also be required.
Free skating rinks
To skate in Moscow in 2019-2020, it is not necessary to have a lot of money. You can go to the free ice rink, which is also quite a lot in the city. The only thing is that absolutely nothing to pay for entertainment - you need to bring your skates. Otherwise, you will have to rent them.
|"Russian Winter" in Tsaritsyno Park||Proletarsky Prospekt, 41.||Daily from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|"Strogino"||st. Twardowski, 16A.||Mon-Fri: from 09:00 to 23:00.|
|Sat, Sun: from 10:00 to 23:00.|
|Ostankino||St. 1st Ostankino.||Mon-Fri: 10:00 to 22:00.|
|Sat, Sun: from 10:00 to 23:00. Technical break from 18:00 to 19:00.|
|Outdoor ice rink in Fili Park||Novozavodskaya St., opposite the building 18||Daily, 10.00-22.00.|
|Oaks||St. Oaks, 6.||Daily: 09:00 to 22:00.|
|Chistye Prudy||Moscow, Chistoprudny Boulevard, 12||Works around the clock.|
|On the Patriarchs||Patriarchal Lane., 3||Open around the clock.|
On the opening day, an entertainment program is organized at the rinks, often with the participation of Russian pop stars and famous figure skaters. It offers contests, master classes and entertainment for every taste. Special events are planned for the New Year holidays. On December 31 and January 1, Christmas trees will be held with an enchanting show program. These days, ice rinks close after midnight.