Rosguard Day in 2020
It is important for all military and civilians involved in this service, as well as their loved ones, to know the date in 2020 that Rosguard Day is celebrated. This holiday is relatively young, although it has deep historical roots.
By tradition, solemn processions to the monuments of the defenders of the Fatherland take place in cities. Then the command rewards distinguished employees with gratitude, awards, and ranks. In many localities, concerts are held to which special services veterans are invited.
History of the holiday
In 2020, Rosguard Day will be held for the fourth time. Solemn events are held with the participation of civilian employees and members of the National Guard. This holiday was approved by the President of the Russian Federation in January 2017 and is timed to the creation of the Internal Guard (1811).
The task of the department’s employees is to ensure security within the country, protect the freedoms and rights of all citizens without exception. Representatives of the Russian Guard are responsible for public order, the safety of special cargoes, and the protection of strategically important facilities. They take active assistance to other special services in territorial state defense.
Attention! Rosguard cooperates with border troops and the army, actively fights extremist, terrorist organizations, but its activities are carried out inside, and not outside of Russia.
The word "guard" itself has Italian roots. It translates as "guardian", which completely determines its essence. The first national guard in world history appeared in France, as a result of the suppression of the Vendee riot. In the Russian interpretation, the "prototype" of the National Guard can be called the service of the guardsmen of Ivan the Terrible.
Traditions and customs
Rosguard Day is traditionally celebrated:
- On March 27, the director of the structure officially congratulates all employees on their professional holiday.
- Command distinguished employees who give valuable gifts, assign extraordinary ranks.
- Every year, the Commander-in-Chief of the National Guard, General Viktor Zolotov, together with his deputies lays a wreath at the foot of the monument to Emperor Alexander I.
- Another annual tradition is the laying of wreaths by senior officers of the Central Office at the monument "To the soldiers of internal troops who died in the line of duty", which is located in Moscow on Krasnokazarmennaya Street.
March 27, it is customary to celebrate among family members, among colleagues.
The holiday emphasizes the importance of the special services, the importance of its activities for the state, for maintaining peace and prosperity in the country. Solemn processions take place in all places of deployment of military units and other units of the Russian Guard.
Every year, a concert dedicated to this day is held at the Kremlin Palace. Popular pop stars take part in it, and, as a rule, the president himself and his close associates are present in the hall.
- On the emblem of the Russian Guard, you can see a double-headed eagle crowned with a golden crown. Crossed swords with blades of pure silver color are clasped in his paws. The chest of a double-headed eagle is protected by a silver-bound morap shield, which shows a horseman symbolically killing a dragon with his spear.
- The Rosgvardia’s flag looks like a white rectangular cloth on which there is a speckled four-pointed cross, the ends of which are expanded, as well as the traditional emblem of internal troops.
- From 1996 to 2016, March 27 in the Russian Federation was celebrated as the Day of Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- The Rosguard, as a militarized state structure that provides for the protection of civil interests and the integrity of the country, was formed on April 5, 2016 by decree of President Vladimir Putin, but it was decided to celebrate the holiday on March 27.
- In addition to power units, civilian departmental personnel are actively involved in this structure.
- Since 2017, the department has included riot police, private security personnel, and SOBR.
Since 2012, a ban (restriction) on visits to certain foreign countries was introduced for Rosguard employees.
The term of such a measure is limited to the period of time of the contract service. The law was adopted due to the aggravated relations between the superpowers in recent years. You can find out the list of countries for which special services are not allowed to enter the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. At the head of the list are the USA, Israel, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, the Baltic countries.
Employees of the power structure receive numerous bonuses, among which one can note a stable and high salary, bonuses, numerous benefits, early retirement, the possibility of obtaining an apartment from the state. In order to fully enjoy all the prospects offered by the National Guard, employees are required to strictly obey the requirements of the leadership, compliance with service regulations and discipline.
See video About Rosguard Day: