Maternity benefits for second child in 2020
A peculiar classic in our country is the presence in the family of at least two children. Still not having many children with all the attendant problems, but having already tasted all the joys of parenthood, who did not have time to feel due to inexperience or stress with the first - we prefer this format to many. Moreover, the state’s modern policy is aimed at contributing in every possible way to the birth of as many children as possible in families, which is implemented, including all kinds of financial assistance.
Approaching the birth of the second, we can already rely on previous experience with all types of payments and assistance, however, note that a repeated visit to the hospital is fraught with the emergence of the right to a number of additional and inherent only to this case cash infusions into families with children. And recently, some changes have taken place in this area, affecting both the increase in amounts due to the return of the practice of annual indexation of social programs and completely new positions in the list of proposals by the state and regional budgets.
Well, from personal experience we can assure you: there’s no penny in a family with children. So, let's find out as much as possible in advance about everything that will be relevant in this regard for 2020!
Sizes of payments for the second child
Let's start with the most basic payment - in the case of registration up to 12 weeks. This is 655.49 rubles. 2019 plus indexing by 2020, which will be charged on January 1. We will find out the specific percentage after the session of adopting budgets of all levels for the next year - both by this and by all the others, depending on the cost of living, minimum wage and indexation, amounts. However, if we analyze the already announced increase in maternal capital (from 453,026 rubles to 470,241 rubles) in 2020, it is obvious that the increase will be 3.8%. According to this logic, if you register early, you will now receive a one-time 680.40 rubles.
Further, naturally - maternity. They are due to you if you are planning to give birth to a second, in any case. However, remember that if you still receive benefits up to 1.5 years for caring for the first, you will have to choose: either second maternity and then payments up to 1.5 years only for the second child, or continuing to receive benefits for the first and the same after the second , and on him. Briefly, according to the PBIR:
- 100% of the average monthly salary in the proportion of maternity days (different, as you already know, because of the usual, multiple or complications of pregnancy) for employed, full-time fellows, women entrepreneurs and self-employed, paying deductions to the Social Insurance Fund;
- the minimum, starting from the minimum wage (probably 11,765.04 rubles), if you have worked for less than six months or can’t document the fact of receiving a salary a year before the decree;
- 300 rub per month - if your company was liquidated;
- military personnel receive “fixed” maternity, having applied to the social protection authorities after 180 days of pregnancy in the amount of 28,732.85 rubles .;
- established by the regions for each constituent entity of the Russian Federation annually, special assistance to the unemployed is something very close to regional living wages of the corresponding category.
The next payment is a one-time birth aid (no matter what the child’s account is, and in what form the mother, both parents, etc. are employed). It is indexed annually, and district coefficients, if any, are superimposed on it. This is 18 143.96 rubles. With multiple pregnancy - multiplied by the number of children.
Well, and, of course, maternal capital, the right to which, just with the birth of a second child, arises. Recall that for the first time it is indexed in 2020 (from 2015) and will amount to 470,241 rubles.
This ends the one-time payments, and the fun begins - the required monthly assistance. The first allowance is that of caring for up to 1.5 years of age. As with the first baby, this is why you can also claim for it. It has its differences in size, depending on in which labor status went on maternity leave:
- employed on a common basis - 40% of the average monthly salary for the last year, but no less than 6,803.98 rubles .;
- not employed or worked for less than six months - 6,803.98 rubles .;
- mother is a military man - 12 314.07 rubles .;
- if the husband is a soldier, per month, 2,476.69 rubles are added per child;
- low-income families (“Putin's”) who gave birth after January 1, 2018, if the income per person is less than 1.5 times the subsistence minimum established in each specific region - 1 child's subsistence minimum for the region (this is approximately 8.5 - 23 , 5 thousand rubles). Do not confuse with the “Putin’s” who have already received the first-born - they were paid from the federal budget. The same will spend maternal capital!
Assistance to second children in a family aged 1.5-3 years is much less:
- 50 rub monthly to all categories;
- Chernobyl children - 7 017.74 rubles.
In both cases, the right to provide additional assistance, especially to socially vulnerable families - with a single parent, children with disabilities, low-income people, etc. - is reserved by the regional and municipal authorities. Contact your social security authorities at the place of residence or look at the portals of the municipalities for more information on this!
When are different types of assistance paid for a second child?
The ability to use maternity capital appears depending on the purpose of its use. Recently, it has been possible to spend right from the first months of life on paying off a mortgage and interest on it, improving housing conditions for a child, his education, creating comfortable living conditions and raising children with disabilities. The right to mother's pension under this certificate arises at the time of her recognition as a pensioner in accordance with applicable law.
After registration at an early date and the provision of the relevant certificate, payments are made together with the PBiR at the place according to the labor category who applied (at the place of work, service, study, in the Social Insurance Fund or in the territorial department of social protection). After maternity leave at the place of accrual, the maternity ones themselves must be transferred to the expectant mother no later than 10 days from the moment of the appeal (social protection is paid to women from liquidated enterprises by the 26th day of the next month). Please note that after 6 months after the date of completion of maternity leave, the right to maternity leave disappears - have time to arrange them in advance!
All one-time benefits for the second child can be received as soon as they have issued a birth certificate on him. One-time assistance is paid at the place of work of the father or mother, if they are employed, if the mother is a loner, or both are unemployed, then the social protection authorities. And you need to apply for it no later than when the baby turns six months old. Payment for employees should be made, at most, within ten days, and its social protection provides until the 26th day of the next month.
Monthly payments, which is logical, should go to the budget of the family that gave birth to the second child, every month - until they reach the age specified by this payment. All assistance from the funds of maternity capital is paid either until the child reaches the appropriate age (1.5 / 3), or until the funds in the account according to the certificate run out.
Help for single mothers
Single mothers have always been on a separate account in our society. Which is not surprising, because raising a child herself is still a feat. But, here one explanation is needed regarding the category itself. Recognition of belonging to it is carried out in cases:
- The birth of a child in an unmarried status, if there are no documents recognizing paternity, a dash in the column of the island of birth on paternity;
- Adoption of a child out of wedlock;
- Birth in marriage or before the expiration of a 300-day period after a divorce, if there is a court decision that the former or current spouse is not the father of the baby;
- Court decisions in case of malicious non-payment of alimony after a divorce;
- The death of the spouse - the father of the child;
- Deprivation of papal parental rights.
Then, after receiving the appropriate document confirming the status of a single mother, you can apply for the following types of financial assistance:
- all the prescribed types of maternity benefits, one-time at the birth of a second child, monthly benefits until they reach 1.5 and 3 years of age on a common basis;
- an extensive list of benefits and compensation, including in monetary terms.
The latter may include, for example, receiving free sets of clothes for newborns, compensating for differences in food prices for a child (living wage is up to 3 years), free dairy cuisine up to 2 years, 100% discount for a baby when calculating the amount of utilities, free medicines up to 3 years. Children without a father can freely use the massage room at the children's clinic, eat twice a day in the school cafeteria at the expense of the state, receive a 30% discount up to 18 years on the cost of studying in art schools. They are the first in line for admission to kindergartens, and can be kept there for half the price. And also, with my mother, apply for a free annual ticket to a children's sanatorium.
In addition, a single mother cannot be dismissed not at her own request or with the consent of the parties until the child is 14 years old (only possible if the company is liquidated). And upon liquidation, the previous employer must employ her. If the child becomes ill, in the case of inpatient treatment of the mother, benefits are paid in the amount dependent on the length of service, outpatient - 100% of the salary for the first 10 days on sick leave and after half. Until the age of seven, sick leave is paid, no matter how many days there are, after - only the first 15 days on it. Also, a single mother gets the right to an additional two-week vacation at her own expense at any time. She is not entitled to use overtime, night shifts in an orderly manner until the baby reaches the age of five.
What should working mothers do?
We have already talked about everything that is supposed to be given to employed mothers in terms of paying PBiR and benefits at birth. In principle, all of the above applies to those who go on a full-fledged parental leave. Unless you can apply for the care allowance before the child reaches 1.5 years and 3 years of age only from the date of completion of sick leave. And its size cannot be less than 6 803.98 rubles, and large 27 146.18 rubles. In the case of less than 6 months of joint experience, only the basic amount of 6,803.98 rubles is paid for the second.
If you decide to go to work ahead of schedule - before the end of a three-year vacation, you can return to your place on an incomplete day, or get a job somewhere else, including and under contracts for the provision of services, performance of work, and thereby you can save and pay benefits for care for up to three years at your enterprise, and salary or one-time income. Moreover, the law deals specifically with the “part-time”, that is, a day shorter than the standard eight working hours - there is nothing exactly about half time. Therefore, if you write a statement about transferring you, for example, to a 7-hour working day, you will almost lose nothing in income. On the contrary, they will grow significantly. Of course, if this allows the care of both children.